The information below is compiled from IHRSA, CDC, and communications from the NZ Ministry of Health:
- Compulsory handwashing pre and post-workout for members/clients and staff. • Washing should be with soap and water for 20 seconds and hands dried thoroughly. Repeat often.
- Avoid touching your face while working out / working
- Encourage use of non-shared equipment where feasible (eg yoga mats, boxing gloves)
- Compulsory use of non-shared towels on all shared equipment
- Regularly clean shared equipment such as weights, mats, and machines. Disposable wipes will be in the Dojos from Thursday.
- Let everyone know if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms to stay home and follow MOH guidance.
- Sneeze or cough into elbows, disposable tissues are provided in the Dojos (use once and throw away).
- Stay informed and up to date. Check out the latest information from the Ministry of Health regularly, as the situation rapidly changes.